Lemnis Lighting combines revolutionary LED technology with solar power for occasions where there is limited access to electricity. This Pharox Solar powered LED solution gives a new dimension to sustainable development in lighting.
The hourly amount of energy produced by the sun equals the total annual need for energy on earth. Now that solar cells are becoming more and more efficient, it is only a matter of time before solar energy will provide a substantial part of the total global energy demand. With the availability of energy efficient LED technology the application of solar energy in lighting solutions has taken a giant step forward.
Whether you live in the Northern parts of the world or in the tropics: there are always moments where you donīt have access to electricity but are in need of lighting or your charged mobile. Lemnis Lighting developed the Pharox Solar; a solution that provides proper lighting by using solar energy. Where possible extra functionalities are added like the possibility of charging mobile devices (phones, MP3 players, ipod’s).
The Pharox Solar Kit
In May 2010 Lemnis Lighting launches the Pharox Solar Kit. This product is a compact solution in a re-usable packaging containing a retro designed lamp, a solar panel and a built-in USB connection to charge mobile devices. Apart from solar energy a regular grid connection can also be used to charge the battery. The most important functionalities of the Pharox Solar Kit are:
The most important functionalities of the Pharox Solar Kit are:
- The battery can be charged in 8 hours in full sunlight
- The solar panel can easily be fixed and has 3 meter long cable to connect the panel to the lamp
- Through the built-in usb connection the lamp provides in a convenient solution to charge your mobile devices like phones, mp3 players and ipods
- The lamp has 3 light levels. On the highest level a complete room of around 10 m2 can be lit up
- Depending on the chosen light level the Pharox Solar Kit delivers 8 to 45 hours of light when the battery inside is fully charged
- The lamp has 5.5mm DC input for exernal power supply (7-9 V, max 200 mA)
- The battery is easy to replace
- Indicators show the battery level and whether it is charging
- The packaging is robust and re-usable. It avoids possible damage during transport or influences from exposer to water and dust.
The Pharox Solar Kit is available in various colors.